Friday 2 July 2010

Just a bit of this and a bit of that.

The weather has still been fantastic. Just a couple of days that were a little undecided. We have had some rain but mostly overnight. Still spending a lot of time in the garden . We have been painting the fencing and redoing the back gate. It is now looking quite smart again. After power-washing the brick paving we now have to re-point quite a lot of it. Oh dear! Must admit though it looks a good deal brighter than it was, well worth my DH's efforts and my clearing up and brewing up job.
'
We have been having strawberries and ice cream. It's great when you can just pick them and 'Yummy' they have tasted delicious, we have never had so many so it's been great.

Cross-stitching had been a little on the back-burner because of the outside tidy up. I have beaded all the 6 Geese (honestly) but alas I have forgotten to take a picture so that'll have to be a wait for next time.
I spent and extra day grand children caring this week. All to do with the month end causing extra work and also covering for their other grandma who's having a weeks holiday in Spain. She went looking for the sun! I think we found it by staying in the UK.
Anyway because of the extra time away from home I have been able to do more on Break time. So here at long last is the BIG ROLL UP.

All the back stitching is done so when it vanishes around the roller I at least know I don't have to worry over whether I have forgotten any bits. So now it's the check jacket and smiley face as my next targets. With a little bit of luck it'll be finished sooner than I anticipated. (Well perhaps a lot of luck).

I have managed to catch up part of Castles in the Air I think I have just done part 12. I spend quite a lot of time trying to figure out what part will come next, but obviously to no avail. Guess what I just finish a bit and another download arrives.



That will have to wait as I am trying to get myself focused back on the Three Kings, now they haven't been stitched on for the last month. I am going to have to do some serious stitching on it to get it back on track and for some reason I'm having a bit of a problem getting going. I have decided to do part of the third King and then the bottom border so that the bottom section will be completed.
I must to get started on The 'Seven Swans a Swimming', only so that I stand a chance of having it done for THIS Xmas. I always enjoy stitching it no idea why, I find it sort of grabs you and away you go. After the swans I'll be onto all the 'people 'parts so that'll be interesting. Hoping to go visiting my sister again shortly. It's so enjoyable when we go. My DH goes playing his beloved golf and my sister and I usually get quite an amount of stitching done. Her DH potters in the garden (he is known periodically to turn his hand to stitching), he's always doing something so he's always busy.

Here's an extra picture for you. DRUM ROLL TA TARA TA TARA.

Here's Break Time progress since the roll up. He really is growing. Shame the chart isn't clearer hate to admit some of it is guess work.



Hope you all have a good time enjoying the weather or doing your stitching or whatever you get pleasure from. Until next time

Happy stitching to you all and once again thanks for visiting and leaving your comments.

4 comments:

Mylene said...

Very good progress on Break Time.

Enjoy the summer!!

Siobhán said...

Nice progress on your WIPs!

Pumpkin said...

I'm glad to hear that someone is having nice weather! LOL!

It looks like you've done a lot of stitching :o)

Maisie Moonshine said...

Wow! your clown has come on since I last caught up with my blogging!