Sunday 13 December 2009

Yule tide is almost upon us. Yippee.

Well the Christmas shopping is almost complete, the tree is up and the lights are twinkling merrily away. I haven't yet made any mince pies but will be doing that shortly.
The parcels aren't exactly all wrapped up but I have at least made some headway with them. There are still one or two to sort out, you know the usual--- Husband, Sister, Son, grand-daughter OOOps perhaps I haven't quite finished and time is running out.
Still here's to other interesting things. After my mammoth task of finished my TW Carousel Horse I couldn't decide what to do next. So I have started a Martina Weber Freebie,.Chatelaine Designs, it's from 2004 and I am doing it on an opalescent even weave. I wasn't keen on the blue background in the design picture.


I finished off some Christmas ornaments that I finished earlier in the year and I am really pleased with them. They are by Cross My Heart and are called Heirloom Santa Kits. I haven't found their site but you can buy their charts at several outlets.
.




The material has arrived from Sew and So for my Jim Shore ' Three Kings'. I am delighted that I decided to go for the recommended fabric although I have since been told it's difficult to stitch on. It's a Permin linen Nordic Blue. This is for YoYo's SAL. So I'll shortly be making a start on that as well.




I think I may need a few lessons in how to rotate my pieces. I know that it's really easy enough it's just that I seem to forget where I'm up to and just keep stitching one at a time.
I've decided to chill out this evening and do nothing not even cross stitching. I'll probably fall asleep in a chair and snore away quite happily dreaming of Christmas.
Must away now as evening meal is waiting to be made.
Happy stitching to you all out there.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Why do people do this to me? I look at lots of blogs and other stitchers are doing thing I have in my stash, like the Chatelaine, and I thing I really must do that but I have too much on the go all ready. Must sort out my stitching life. Love the Santas.

grannyanne said...

The Jim Shore looks really good. I love those rich colours. I bet those little santas took some doing. It looks as though your Chatelaine is nearly finished. I like your choice of fabic. Happy Christmassy stitching.

Lisa said...

First time visit and will follow and return again. Your Chatelaine Design is beautiful...and I love your Santa ornaments. They look very small - did you stitch 2 over 2 on small fab or did you stitch over 1? Just curious! They are lovely.
Take care and Happy Holidays!

Justflo said...

Hi Lisa.
Thanks for visiting.The Christmas ornaments are stitched on 18ct Aida. They are a 2 1/2 inch circle finished in a tart tin. Oh Yes they are two over two.

I enjoyed doing them but the beards were quite eye straining.

Seasons Greeting to you and yours .

Angela said...

The Ornaments are finished so lovely! Love your WIP and your new project looks fantastic too!

Babs said...

I really like the freebie, thank you for sharing it with us.

I want to wish you a Merry Christmass and a Happy Newyear.

Barb said...

Hi there have just found your blog and become a follower,I started blogging a few weeks ago so I am a newbie too. I was born in Lancashire but now live in Dorset.
Love your Three Kings - I saw it on Yoyos Christmas SAL , I am doing Quaker Christmas. Look forward to getting to know you.
Hugs from one granny to another.